I've been eying this recipe for a while, and yesterday I made it. A bit sceptical, I must admit. I do roast veggies in the oven, but mostly rootvegetables. I couldn't imagine broccoli'working' like this. But it does. Oh boy, it does...
....is what was left of it - finished before I could even take a picture. It was THAT good.
For precise measurements, please follow the recipe in the link. This is one of those recepies that, in my opinion, doesn't really require precise measurements.(that is, if you know your way around the kitchen a little. if not - do follow the recipe!)
Roasted broccoli and shrimp
- Preheat the oven at 180/200 centigrades.
- get your broccoli, enough for your crowd. Clean, cut in florets, coat with some olive or vegetable oil, add the spices (salt, pepper, and in my case: ground cumin and cayenne) to taste (I didn't have the corianderseeds or dry chili's).
- Spread in a single layer on a cookiesheet or large bakingtray and roast for about ten minutes.
- In the mean time take your (uncooked) shrimp (I used frozen, defrosted under cold running water, shelled and deveined is easiest)(as much again as you wish or need for the amount of people you're serving),coat with olive oil, add salt, pepper, some lemonzest.
- Add the shrimp to the bakingsheet with the broccoli in the hot oven after the first ten minutes, give it a stir or a shake.
- Roast for another ten minutes, take out of the oven and add the juice of half a lemon. Don't forget this - it makes the dish.
Serve with rice if you like - we did. We scooped out all the 'dressing' fom the baking tray.
And sat happily with our bowl of goodies on the couch. Confirming to eachother with each bite how GOOOOOOOD this was.
And so easy. And hardly any dishes to wash!!